wrt galleries and subscription, I would suggest that the Gallery should be free for Members to view but not post to. They can see what they're missing out on - I contend that the primary purpose of the gallery is to give people exposure, not for them to find others' photos. But then, I don't see the gallery as a huge drawcard of APUG anyway - anyone can get good free image hosting from a number of other sites and get way more views than here.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose
I became a subscriber here specifically because I wanted access to the gallery, although I've remained a subscriber for many other reasons. I upload images to the gallery specifically because it is subscriber-only access. If it was open to the public with no restrictions, I would remove all of my gallery uploads immediately and permanently.

I realize I may be in the minority here, but I thought it was important to say it.
I don't understand this at all. To me, subscribers are the public. There is nothing exclusive about being a subscriber and you're not gaining any level of privacy by restricting your photos to this particular group of people.