Even in the U.S. "ice cream sticks" may be misconstrued. Aside from popsicle sticks, and their kin from ice cream bars, in New England we had little dogbone-shaped sticks used with ice cream cups. These are little (about 4" diameter x 2" deep) cardstock (now plastic) cups full of ice cream. In Boston we referred to them as Hoodsies, after the Hood Milk Co that made them. I know you didn't want to get into it, but just which "ice cream sticks" are you using? I don't think the Hoodsie sticks would be usable above 35mm.