Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
This table is reproduced from Hans Bjelkhagen's Silver-Halide Recording Materials: For Holography and Their Processing. Available on Google Books.

In a nutshell, Lippmann used cyanine & chinoline red, Vatenta used cyanine & erythrosine, and Ives used isocol, erythrosine & pinacyanol.

also...

Pinacyanol (1:1000 alcoholic solution) 4mL
Orthocrom T (1:1000 alcoholic solution) 4mL
Acridine orange (1:500 alcoholic solution) 4mL

The particular sensitizing dyes mentioned above and their combinations were discovered and used by H. Lehmann to produce the best correct-color sensitivity ever achieved in Lippmann photography. However, he kept secret his good formula for Lippmann plates and it was not revealed until after his death. If one wants to try this old photographic technique today, these dyes are definitely the first choice. (emphasis mine)
Hi Chris
When I was doing holograms I used eosin (aniline red) for green lasers, methylene blue for red, and glycerin for the electron donor in gelatin. I tried acridine orange, but don't remember anything special with it.(I think they came out violet) It also has to be washed out of the plate with alcohol,water alone won't do it.After coating they were dried out,and dipped in ascorbic acid to sensitize and let dry over night before use. They were not light sensitive until after the dip
Some really funny things happened with those holograms
If you can get the book do so . It is a gold mine of info,except I get lost when he sorts out what the types of bleaches are used for
rob