Again, thanks everyone for the encouragement, the generous offers and also the words of wisom. I take them all seriously and my hope is to do good by everyone. I know that Ron and I are going to have a lot of fun doing this. He's always hinted at wanting some help in his work, and the time was right for something new in my life. I thought maybe grad school, but in the end, this seemed like the road less traveled.

I should mention that this internship is completely unpaid, so I'll have to find work and support myself. But that's all part of the fun I guess, and I'm confident I can find something to pay the bills. Regardless of this challenge, I s'pose I'll never have a lower standard of living than I do currently... so better now than later!

If anyone has any good rice and beans recipes, I'm all ears.

The short, cold winter days of Rochester should be the perfect setting for darkroom work and study. There's a huge list of stuff I want to try to tackle, and only time will tell how much I can actually get to. One thing is for sure, I'll never get bored and be wondering what to do next. All the while, I'm going to be scanning everything, writing up everything and sharing anything that might be of interest.