Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
I use twelve solux mr-16's with two tracks I got at the home depot. They're diffused with lee quarter white frost. I get perfect even light against a metallic 12'x8' wall.
I'm sure you do but I think you are probably making more money from your photography than I am and at about 158.00 for a viewing light I think I would rather put the money towards some soon to be defunked Fotokemika / Adox products before they disappear. Also I only have an 8' high by 4' wall available, and I need to fit a couple of storage shelves on there as well, but your system sounds like one to aspire to.

other than photo-floods I don't know of any other bulbs that provide the full spectrum output of the solux's.
Most incandescent bulbs put out full spectrum light they just put out more of the red end of the spectrum than a daylight balanced bulb.

Use a bare bulb and the light will be shining in your eyes
Not if the bulb is behind you

- best to get a par of some sort.
I don't agree par lamps create a focused central point of light that falls of towards the edges where as a bare bulb will produce an even light on a surface subject to the inverse square law