Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
Dear Eugene,

Firstly, whilst we see lots of rumours etc we actually do not know what is the status of FOTOKEMICA, so lets hope all of this a purely 'academic' discussion, and the products that you use from them will continue to be available.

As to IR emulsions, you are spot on, each film has great value, especially to those who use it. The problem with IR emulsions is that just not enough people use them I'm afraid. We are more than technically able to develop, coat and produce a full IR emulsion, the problem is that we would never get a return on our investment in developing the product and the time sourcing and approving the raw materials required, ask yourself this, would you pay $ 15 to $ 17 + for a single film?

IR is also especially difficult to sell through the supply chain, as it has a shorter date life than conventional emulsions and really needs proper storage.

We do sell an extended red film in SFX, in 35mm and in 120 and yes, it is not IR, but this product is part of our current portfolio and therefore is part of our commitment that we will not discontinue any product in the current portfolio.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, sorry.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Dear Simon,

What about 25 iso film from Ilford? The marked for it it's bigger than for IR, see how popular is Adox CHS 25 (Efke 25), many photograhers love it and buy it, including me. There are not many 25iso emulsions to choose, now Efke/Adox 25 is gone! Make please classic 25iso emulsion and I believe you will have many orders.