Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
I am kind of wondering about the same thing with the retracted dome.
The flashmeter VI doesn't have digital curve function like the L758DR. I don't know what Sekonic calls it but basically you program the response curve of your digital camera into the meter.
The flashmeter VI which I have only has what Sekonic calls shutter priority mode and to measure flash with the spot meter it has to be in cord mode. Spotmeter doesn't work in non-cord mode. Also you can't install a pocket wizard unit in the flashmeter VI. Ambient/flash ratio is rather crude.
My recommendation is that all 3 meters are about the same in quality (I think the Sekonic is a bit less built quality but you should check it out for yourself). Accuracy I think they are about the same. So check them out in the store for ergonomic and built quality. Download the manuals, check their specs, learn how to use them and then you can decide which is best for you.

The Sekonic L758 can be flash-metered either in corded or non-corded mode. All flashmeters are incident reading types.
Kenko's flashmeter is an interesting beast, but having toyed with it in the dealer's, it's not a patch on the highly variable and customised functions of the L758.

Speaking of which, read the instructions for the L758; there is no design shortfall regarding the dome being retracted for specific flat-plane work — it's the skill one should have to use it correctly.