Nobody uses "ordinary" glass for their camera lenses. You can hypotheticall use all kinds of special of types of glass for your negative carrier too, including optically flat coated stock. But a simplified
approach to the problem would be to see what someone like Focal Point already offers. They can
fit most enlargers. And as you might have already guessed, I'm one of those people who always uses a glass carrier.