That's a good point about XTOL-clones already being available. I wonder how much testing they've been through?
Originally Posted by polyglot
Anyway, you might want to store those 15 bags in the freezer. I don't know what their shelf-life at room-temperature is, but it's probably under a decade.
Testing is an interesting topic. I've been thinking of the kinds of tests I'll want to run my concentrate through. These include:
- Aging in various storage-conditions (hot humid areas are probably the worst).
- Tolerance to errors in measurements by users.
- Water types: hard, soft, well, softened.
- Film types: PanF on the slow side, to Delta 1000/P3200.
- Temperatures: 18C to 28C should cover the range.
- Pulling and especially pushing.
- Dilutions, although this dev is more dilute than most so we might not want to dilute it any more.
Each test would need to be a full roll to check capacity, and compare grain/density/sharpness with XTOL.
Any other tests that should be done?