How much money do you have? Send it all to me, plus $100 dollars for postage and maybe I'll send you a camera.

Seriously, if you've not worked in large format before, try to get your hands on a few different ones, hang around with people who own them, or buy a crown graphic as an entry level camera.
I paid way too much for my first LF. I was just so excited about getting an LF camera. It's a big heavy beast of a 4x5. Fine as a studio camera, but not very portable. Can't remember the last time I used it. I got a crown graphic as part of a "selling everything I've got so I can go digital" deal. I was after the 4x5 enlarger, and other darkroom gear, not the crown, but I love it. I've shot thousands of sheets with it. It's travelled internationally with me, and I never go camping without it. As a middle aged woman I find it quite portable, and hike around local trails, and off the trails on a regular basis.
I have an ancient wooden 8x10, acquired by barter a few years ago. Too big and clunky for me to take anywhere, but I enjoy using it for studio work.
I'd love to have an 8x10 (or a 7x17!) I could hike with, but realistically, given my age, size, and chiropractor bills, it's not going to happen. It's not just the weight of the camera, but the tripod, film holders, light meter, and all the other bits and bobs you need. I don't know your age, or what kind of shape your back is in. Weight may not be an issue for you. I'd still recommend getting your feet wet and familiarizing yourself with LF with something inexpensive and 4x5. Once you get a feel for LF, have repeated the numerous mistakes a few dozen times each, then go ahead and move up to 8x10 (or larger). You'll have a much better idea about what you want and need to get the images you want to take.
LF is wonderful, but it's definately not one size fits all. Have fun with whatever you get. Look forward to seeing your images.