OK, let's stop bickering about the pointless and complicated life of eastern European photo companies, and think about the film instead.

I'll repeat what I posted on other forums, but I don't see the point of this film.

It sounds interesting in theory, but what's the point of having 14 zones if your paper can't print them all?

All photographic films can be already be developed to cover a range of densities that is commensurate with the exposure range of a paper. That's why you can have full black, full white, and all the grey tones in between.

So what are you going to do? Develop to a lower contrast? But then you'll end up with the same Dmax as any other film, and bad tone separation.

You don't need extra zones to print silver gelatin. The only reason I know to have film developed to a very high Dmax is when you are printing on a soft-contrast paper, such as platinum/palladium, Van Dyke brown, etc.

But these processes are mostly sensitive to UV light, and are very slow, which preclude enlargement printing, unless you have a UV-source light in your enlarger. 35mm contact prints are a bit tiny.

It could be a film designed to do slides (in which case you do need the extra Dmax); it could also be a film designed to do copy work (like the late Tech Pan, which could build an impressive contrast), but I see nothing to this effect in the press release.

I smell a gimmick.