The smaller ones in Europe are
Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel
- Filmotec in Wolfen, Germany: www.filmotec.de Producing only BW films, mostly for Cinema. Also some other special films. See their product range here: http://www.filmotec.de/?page_id=148&lang=en
Due to a recent article in one of the biggest German business magazines 'Handelsblatt', about 22 employees are working there. They only produce the emulsions, they have no own coating line. Due to a statement of their CEO in this Handelsblatt article, the coating is done by Harman / Ilford in Mobberly.
- InovisCoat, Monheim, Germany: www.inoviscoat.de They have bought the original emulsion making and coating machinery from the former Agfa plant in Leverkusen, Germany; moved it to Monheim, modernised it and have it scaled down. All engineers and technicians there are former employees from Agfa in Leverkusen.
They are cooperating with the Impossible Project helping them with development of the new color instant films.
Furthermore they have a cooperation with Adox, and are e.g. producing the MCC and MCP paper for Adox and have also produced the new Adox Silvermax film (production here means emulsion making and coating, cutting and packaging is made by Adox in their factory).
- Adox, Bad Saarow, Germany www.adox.de. Small new, modern factory with focus on converting (cutting, packaging) of film, paper, photochemistry, and emulsion making. With research labs and very small (hand) reserach coating possibilities. Emulsion making of Polywarmtone is in the works currently (research, test emulsions), emulsion making of film emulsions is planned for the future.
The bigger ones in Europe are
- Agfa-Gevaert in Mortsel, Belgium www.agfa.de . They are the world third biggest film manufacturer (behind Kodak and Fuji). Producing lots of different film types for primarily industrial use: movie print film, sound film, microfilm, aerial film, survaillance film, PCB film.
- Harman Technologies / Ilfordphoto; o.k. you know Ilford ;-).
- Foma in Czech Republique www.foma.cz; well, you know them as well ;-).
Then there is also still Tasma in Russia http://www.tasma.ru/en/
Also specialised on industrial film applications.
In China there is still Lucky http://www.luckyfilm.com/html/MasterSite/EN/index.html. They are producing BW film (production of color film has currently been discontinued) and RA-4 paper e.g.
And in China there is also still Shanghai (BW films).
Last edited by Henning Serger; 09-13-2012 at 05:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.