Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
Your lives as you've known them are over. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.
Ha!

I had a cell phone about 15 years ago and what I found is that everyone expects you to answer any time. I work at home and my schedule is usually from very early in the morning ( usually before 5AM ) to mid-afternoon. A lot of my colleagues roll in to work at 10 and don't leave until 6 or 7PM. Usually they'd run into their problems sometime after I'd already worked 10 hours and then start calling me...so the cell phone turned me into an on-call slave 24 hours a day. ( My colleagues on the East coast or in Europe also calling early... )

One day I just decided I was totally sick of it. I have a land line in my home office and if I'm working I'll be there to answer the phone. I threw away the cell phone and I've never looked back. I've thought of getting one for personal use, but I am *sure* the number will eventually get in everyone's hands again... it's just a sure bet that one day it will be easier for me to tell someone to call on my cell and that will be the beginning of the end of my peace.

I have thought about buying a "paygo" phone to keep in my car for emergencies... maybe...

Believe it or not I think this actually is related to why film photography appeals to me, but I don't have time to type it all out now. I want to go to my closet ( aka darkroom ) and make some prints!