Quote Originally Posted by Michel Hardy-Vallée View Post
The problem with Anchell is that he misinterprets a lot of information. I have his cookbooks, and what he says about cubic v. tabular grains is not exactly sound science, even though he has a lot of otherwise useful information. Prakel makes the same mistake as Efke: TXP is a modern, thin-emulsion film. Not a thick-emulsion film. One of the reasons why silver amounts went down was increased efficiency of emulsions, not just cheapness.
Well at this point we are going to have to agree to disagree, Anchell and Prakel support my point, that traditional films are more silver rich. Your opinion that they are incorrect possibly due to your opinion of these authors making inaccuracies in their texts (not necessarily explicitly related to this topic no less) is taken. If you have a book I can read re this topic, let me know its ISBN.
Look, when Mirko says that this is a silver rich film that has a clear base, it has possibilities that not many films have (1, it is theoretically good for reversal and 2, good for scanning). So with that said, those two attributes, that I dont believe other makers have (I am not sure if Lucky SHD 100, Kentmere 100 and Foma 100 have clear base) are worth calling out. Thus ADOX’s claim that these virtues are worth considering, is fine in my book. If you only print b/w negs in a darkroom using an enlarger, then sure, this film might be no different than the rest, but, it could be different. Heck there are folks round here that can smell the difference between Plus X and HP4+.....
How about some folks actually try the film and let it speak for itself instead of trashing and debating semantics…

Thankfully we are talking about a $4 box of film and not a car or a monochrome M....

If anyone is in Germany for the camera show this week, give Mirko a pat on the back for creating a new film/dev.
I feel like Aggie right now….all she wanted to do is discuss Silver Rich and a massive drama unfolded….
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/5...lver-rich.html