Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
I have found that once you have a certain base minimum for the tool, what's created with it is in the hands of the artist.

Let's say that for years you used the Instamatic for everything, and never cleaned the lens, until 110 wasn't available for it anymore. Then you picked up a 4x5 with a clean, modern Rodenstock lens, and shot a bunch of sheets of Techpan. At that point, you'd be thinking, "everything I've done is rot!" But you probably wouldn't be thinking that if you'd been using a Pentax Auto 110 Super, and cared for the glass. You'd be thinking, "this rocks, and the stuff I've done before is good, too."
I could test the theory. Though I started with the lowly model 20, I now have a black Kodak Pocket Instamatic Model 60 ... I have a few rolls of Verichrome Pan... And I have a small wooden adapter that holds 3 A76 batteries in the shape of a K battery.

Today I was shaken in my theory... Driving to pick up the kids from school, I saw a dad and his son. Dad's a carpenter and he had two bookcases or something in the front yard, one stained and one plain. His boy was putting on gloves and picking up a paintbrush. They were just starting to stain the second one together.

I had to drive on by, since I didn't have the 4x5 in the car with me. Didn't have the Spotmatic F either. Didn't even have the Pocket Instamatic.