Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
I'm ten days from my wedding and beginning to think about packing for the honeymoon. We'll be flying to Honolulu for a couple of days, then spending a week on Maui. So I am looking for advice on what kind of film to pack and whether to pack an SLR or RF. I have 15mm to 135mm lenses in LTM, and a pretty broad range of prime Nikkors plus a few decent zooms. I will probably pack a Nikonos v kit and a Horizon 202 for specialized photos. The big questions are what kind of light I can expect in places I would want to shoot, and whether I am likely to need long lenses.
Expect BRIGHT light in Hawaii. I would leave the long lenses at home. Wide angle will serve you better for the landscape shots. I'd opt for an SLR over a rangefinder. If you happen to need any film or camera equipment in Honolulu, go to Hawaii Photo Rental in the Kaimuki neighborhood of Honolulu. It's 10-15 minutes away from Waikiki.

Any questions about Hawaii, feel free to send me a private message. I'll do my best to provide answers.