I think just a few sheets with your new setup will get the sensitometry exposure in a useful place. With the 10-stop range on the Stouffer wedge, really any exposure placement that gives you 7 stops' worth is useful. I like to get the toe down near base+fog on one of the last few steps, that gives a long run and graphs the toe nicely. Absolute accuracy is only required for the ISO tests the manufacturers have to follow. For home and pro photographer, consistency such as 1/10th stop is remarkable - 1/3 stop would be better than we need.

Instead of trying to home in on a full statistically valid test with 25 sheets, I think you can get by with a single 5 sheet test. Maybe put two or three exposures on each piece of film - then you can average the readings. Spot check yourself occasionally for consistency. Run a test sheet every once in a while with your regular film runs. I update my Time/CI chart with the results (dots and date stamps creates a "scatter" diagram that tells how good the predictions are).

Then run another 5 sheet test using a compensating developer. You will then be armed with two curve families, one family using a standard developer and one family by compensating developer. You will be able to look at the compensating developer family curves to choose times to develop N-3 or N-2. Even N-1. Look at what shape you would like the whole curve. As Michael R 1974 reminds us, you may be better off developing longer and printing on Grade 0 - choose the most attractive curve - not necessarily the one that fits Grade 2.

Flare is an issue we debate, that's why there are 300 posts on it. I'd focus on identifying "it" and checking where my procedures correct for "it" so that I know I correct exactly once. If a correction for flare is buried in your methods, it's still a correction. So the results can be identical. Just don't want you to correct for flare twice.