Quote Originally Posted by skahde
If you need another argument to talk her into CLA'ing that FM: About every FM that you buy for the price you quoted will need an overhaul. You have to calculate this into the price for the camera. Therefore, getting back the money won't help her out as the next camera will most probably have some other sort of problem as well. Only a CLA'd camera of that age will surely work without trouble.
skahde,
You're absolutely right. My friend gave me the same lecture last night . And then I transfered the lecture to the girlfriend. She agreed. The good thing is that a camera like that will last forever if you take care of it and keep CLAing it.

John,
That was exactly what I was going to do, but I'm glad you mentioned that they won't charge anything for the examination. I've been meaning to take my F3 there ever since you told me about Midstate a few months ago, but I've been hesitant because the building looks like it's ready to fall apart (haha). The FM would be a good guinea pig to test out their service, etc.

Thanks for all the great advice!
Ara