Mural-making technique has been thoroughly discussed on this forum. Search under "mural" or "large print" and you'll find a bunch of info. To summarize, there are a number of different techniques ranging from sponging chemistry across the sheet of paper to attempting development in tubes a la Jobo, as you've suggested. I've made over a thousand b/w fiber murals in the past twenty-five years and my preferred technique is very similar to Bob's except with some minor differences (e.g. I use just two trays and much less chem. per bath than Bob). The salient point is this - scrolling is essential to repeatable, exhibition quality results. Trays should be at least four inches deep x 12 inches wide. Beveled sides will make scrolling easier. Less chemistry (mine is only an inch deep) means less drag, faster scrolls, and less liquid weight in the ctr. of the scroll to cause crimping when removing from the bath. The cylinder of the scroll is what gives the sheet of paper structural integrity and thus provides a method to make a crimp-free, evenly developed print.