Quote Originally Posted by thomas l View Post
Rollei RPX and Kentmere Films are the same, everybody knows it.
Hello Thomas,

no, they are definitely not the same films, but different emulsions. If you compare them directly side by side you will see it. Have you done that? No, you have not.
Independant developer manufacturers like Wolfgang Moersch ( www.moersch-photochemie.de ) and Heribert Schain from Spur (www.spur-photo.com ) have intensively tested both the two Kentmere and the two RPX films and very clearly say that the emulsions are different (and therefore also different developing times in the Moersch and Spur developers).
Another friend of mine, Ralf Sänger (you know, the author of several articles in the German print magazine "Schwarzweiss" ) has also tested these films in direct comparison and has confirmed the results from Moersch and Spur that the films are different.

The RPX films are coated by Harman/Ilfordphoto.
But as Simon Galley always very clearly has said, they will not offer their original Ilford and Kentmere products to other companies.
But they do manufacturing for other companies with different products.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas l View Post
But Silvermax is really a new film, I already ordered one. I liked Scala very much, so let's see how it will be in Wehner process. The reports are sounding very good
I've already used this film in the Wehner process and yes, the results are excellent (so are the results of Scala 200X, Foma R100, Agfa Copex Rapid and the Retro 80S in Klaus Wehner's reversal process).
I've been at Photokina and have talked directly to Mirko Böddecker and Klaus Wehner.
I will give you further details in a separate Photokina report in the next days. Stay tuned .

Best regards,
Henning