Before I decided to buy the F6, I've also often thought about whether this camera may be indeed overkill.
Originally Posted by benjiboy
But quite fast after my purchase and the first films shot with it I knew no, not an overkill at all.
Because it is never an overkill if
- the camera has perfect ergonomics and fits like if it was made specifically for your hands
- the mirror and shutter are both so well dampened that you can shoot at rather long exposure times, getting very sharp images; the mirror and shutter dampening of my other slr's is much worse
- the camera is operating much more silent
- the camera has a perfect viewfinder
- the focusing is much more precise compared to other models, both with AF and MF
- the camera is such a joy to use that you are happy with it, and if you are happy your pictures will be better