I visited Photokina right at the first day. The Leica booth was indeed very impressive. Ive tried the S2 and it feels really great. Tough like a weapon and very ergonomically designed. The gallery was very interesting. Most pictures were digital, but there were also many made on film on display. I was rather disappointed that Hasselblad was mostly about the H-Series. Ive tried the H4D and was not that impressed. Cheap plastics and rubber buttons, slow and inconvenient to use, did not balance very well in my hands. They had a 202FA with 80/2,8 CFE and a 501cm with 40/4 IF CFE too, but mostly to demonstrate their digital backs. The Zeiss booth was great too. I tried the new 135/2 and it feels great! Focusing is super smooth. Much better than with the 100/2 Macro Planar. They had a Hasselblad 503cw with 100/3,5 lens I was allowed to play around with. I had a long conversation about Hasselblad and the V-Series with one of the Zeiss employees, who was very kind. The Linhof booth was great too, albeit small. Very nice people! Also tried the Rolleiflex Hy6 and new Tele-Rollei at the Rollei booth, which was pretty small. I was happy to see Rollei at all! I was very disappointed that Gitzo was not present at Photokina this year however. With regard to film, there was indeed not much to see...