Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
I never used the 3000 drums, but I think we are going to have to agree to disagree. From other posts of yours, I can see you are an experienced darkroom technician, as am I, having worked in large commercial labs that used nitrogen burst systems and holding an MFA in photography. For my own film I get very consistent results in my Jobo using C-41 and reels, and even 8x10 film in print drums. In my own experience, the biggest factor for consistent results was making sure the developer was mixed correctly with the proper amount of starter.
Your experience and the thread you linked to regarding alt. c-41/ra-4 chem vs. kodak's versions have convinced me that I should revisit large format c-41 and jobo cpp processors. After all, the results on my previous test sheets did exhibit very even tone. Now if I could just get the damn process in control!

Is Trebla making the current go-to small kit? Do any of the kits include developer starter? It was some time ago that I last developed c-41. I honestly do not recall using starter....don't think it's even mentioned in the z-131. Perhaps that was what was keeping me from getting results that were in control?

I don't disagree with the fact that people here are getting excellent results in color processing with a jobo. I just think it's a bit of a stretch to conclude that it's as good as a properly set up refrema dip and dunk.