Out of the two zooms I would get the 70-150 Series E. I have seen some great photographs taken with it. Google for Galen Rowell & you should find some samples. Apart from the zoom getting loose with age, I haven't seen a bad word written about it. It is the only Series E lens that I would think of buying ahead of a Nikkor. I look at them from time to time on ebay but so far have resisted the temptation.

I would get the 50mm for sure. The F2 is said to be a bit better than the F1.8 optically. I have the pancake F1.8 which is supposed to be the worst of the bunch. I have never found it wanting though. I would think about the 28mm F2.8 AIS ahead of the Series E. I have never shot the Series E, but have the AIS & have been very happy with it. Here is a link to a Ken Rockwell review of it http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/28f28ais.htm

CRC as well as better coatings.

For going longer than 150mm maybe think about a 200mm F4 Nikkor. I have the AI version & it is very good optically. 28mm, 50mm & 200mm primes & the Series E 70-150 should be quite a good set.