It's interesting that scanning is putting people off colour film. Colour neg is a lost cause for the amateur - breaking news! I think all these endless scanning problem threads are just a battling with a reality they can't face. Once they realise that the relatively small expense of their pro medium format camera is met by the astronomical cost of scanners that get results, they lose interest. If they have sense. Remember, a good deal of people only convert to film because of the illusion of professionalism it brings - which they can't afford in the digital capture market. If they aren't interested in the black and white darkroom, they can only turn back, as it were, to digital and face the fact they aren't professionals after all. In one sense it's a shame that colour neg is no longer accessible to these people - we all deserve the best - but in another, emphasises the true quality of film - a professional product once again? Isn't this what every traditional photographer wants? To have their good judgement in choice of media (and excellent results) validated? But what happens when we can't afford it anymore, do we carry on seeking validation? Anyone with foresight, common sense and a respect for their money is shooting black and white film, which is a realistic choice for everyone - much easier to be economical. Everyone else, unless they're a pro or fine art photographer from an affluent background, is spending a lot of cash simply to make themselves look good. I shoot colour occasionally for the novelty and it's like Christmas every time. Looking at a Velvia 50 tranny now, regardless of content, is like looking at a rare diamond that I can't chip out of the wall. It is sad, but this drum scanning realisation that everyone is coming to - as a direct result of the Ektar difficulties - proves it's true.