clear memory - hold mode and press m.clear
1) set your ISO
2) switch mode to ambient (sun symbol) / aperture
3) set your aperture
4) using spot meter measure your shadow with details, press memory button (one on opposite side of measuring button)
5) using spot meter measure your highlights with details, press memory button
6) on the analog scale below you will see your scene range =bigger marking points (ignore flashing ones) - you can tell if this is within range of your film or not (each number is 1 stop). To find out your shutter speed please see below
7) lets assume you want to position your shadow with details on zone III (meter measure it as zone V), press and hold mid.tone button and while holding it rotate jog wheel DOWN until left mark will be on top of -2 on the scale. Without releasing mid.tone button note T value - this will be your shutter speed for that ISO and F stop with shadows with details on zone III
Still without releasing mod.tone button Right mark will show you where you higlights with details will be. 0 on the scale will be zone V, so if for example your right mark will be on top of +3, your highlights will be on zone VIII.
I'm not saying that this is the perfect or the only one method of course
Last edited by wiedzmin; 10-03-2012 at 04:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.