Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post

Gavin - thanks a ton for the kind words. I think you like my work better than I. Usually when I ponder printing options I indulge in a not so wee dram of Highland Park single malt. Sometimes the 18yo, but usually the less expensive 12yo. Mortlach, I say, your taste is exquisite.
Have you chatted to Max Marinucci? He's been going head first into photogravure lately; copper gravure but still very much the same outcome as your polymer works. I'd like to see some of your plates some day too. Preferably over a glass of something good...
Ha - life is too short for bad whisky. Malts are one of my passions (along with jazz, books and visual art) and I'm a bit of an anorak. Tasting notes for independent bottlings of Glen Garioch 19 year old anyone?

Have had a good few emails back and forth with Max - regarding ink mixes, paper choices, calibration curves, plate wiping techniques etc etc. He exposes digitally enlarged negs onto copper plates, me onto polymer plates, but pretty similar workflow. Except he's a lot better than me! His results are pretty special, see DPUG gallery. Am currently recovering from 2x recent bouts of shoulder surgery, having bones cut and metal inserted (see picture) , so no wiping ink off plates for me in the studio for some time unfortunately...gavin shoulder.jpg