Leica & Stylus Around the World: Round #9
Hello APUG around-the-world!
It seems all itty-bitty particulars have been worked out.
1) All on these lists will receive a PM asking you to confirm your participation, either by return PM or posting in this thread. To keep the cameras moving, let's target one week to receive a response before the next person on the list receives the inquiry.
2) Once confirmed, cameras are mailed with tracking/confirmation where available. In the U.S. & Canada, this means everyone!
3) Two shots for everyone; the goal is to shoot within a week. Post on this forum when the shots have been taken. At this point, wait until you receive confirmation about who & where to mail the camera to.
4) At the very minimum, everyone posts when the camera is received, and when it is mailed out.
5) Otherwise, post meaningless drivel, banter, and wit at your leisure. This includes chicken humor.
6) Have fun & enjoy the ride.
PMs have been sent out to the first two recipients.
Camera #1 is a Leica. (Sorry, NOT my M7 )! But a very capable Leica Mini Zoom with a terrific lens and 35-70 range zoom. Let's see if we can capture some Leica mystique with this! . Note: I have disabled the date/time stamp so our pics are not ruined accidentally. A mini-instruction pamphlet is included; please keep it with the camera in its pouch.
Camera #2 is an Olympus Stylus Epic (aka mjuII in some parts). Should keep the postage low for the international mailing. I have the instructions for this camera, but am not sending it as it is a little bulky. The camera is not difficult: fixed 35mm lens. Open/shut clamshell door that turns the camera on and off. The most you will have to decide is whether to turn the flash on or off. Much is written on the internet about this camera, so please look for yourself if you need to figure anything out.
I recognize that these cameras have a cult-following in some circles and thus may seem too desirable to let go. But they need to be used. Please take good care of them.
This should be good...
Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 10-11-2012 at 01:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.