Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
I never interfere with the pros, as I usually am confined to one single spot in the audience. And the pros still get paid. Why should they hate me? It's not like I advertise my services, I'm just there because people ask me to. They don't know my terms up front, it's only when I tell them that I take no payment and accept no direction that they realize they're getting something for free, and I ask them to tell their hired photographers that I will be there with my camera, taking a couple of photos, but keeping out of their way.

I would think that if the pros did a better job they could beat me to the punch and use instant upload on web sites and social media.
Because the simple fact that you are there with a camera, are supplying the people with photography, and you are even insinuating that you are doing a better job is the reason.

In fact some pros do upload to social media, but they also want to make money off their work and not spread it around for free.

As I said before, in what other profession are amateurs allowed to be present, and offering their services while the pro is working.

I've had people try to bring along a friend with a camera, to outdoor family portraits I was doing. Naturally, I made them stand far away when I was working. But as I was leaving, I saw them do my setups with their friend, so that they could use those pictures for other things. Those other things are what can cut into my profits.