Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
How are the inkjet black and white doing? Is it just over saturated color that is becoming boring, which I think can easily happen?
I don't know, but what I have heard is that a handful of the more popular photo galleries here have been ditching up and coming digital printers in favor of silver or alt processes. Now is this the collector's that are driving this or the average consumer...I don't know. But without naming names, two prominent galleries here have indicated that the inkjets are not commanding the same price to justify hanging them on the wall for commission. What I was told by a sales person is that when a print reaches the $800-1,000 range, the buyer becomes more concerned with the methods involved in the production. Everything under that seems to not matter, but around that price and above, the person purchasing wants to know they are getting something original or handmade.

I read your larger post Blanksy and I agree with you %100. But here, this is what the market is indicating.