Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
1) that'll be fine. Just keep your bleach/fix containers separate from your developer containers, same as you would for B&W.
Great. So I can mix the dev in my B&W dev jugs, and the blix in my B&W fix jugs?

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
2) That depends whether you're doing one-shot (use small quantity, discard after one use), replenishing (use some quantity, discard small fraction of it & replace that with fresh), or extending the development time with successive batches (one big batch that slowly wears out and takes more development time). All three approaches are valid and the instructions should give you some idea as to how that chemistry is meant to be used.
I was planning to take the third approach, although as I read the instructions it doesn't mention extending the time. E.g. using a 960ml tank it says I can process 8 rolls of 35mm, 36 frame film. A Paterson 3 roll tank holds about one litre so I would pour in 1L and process the first 3 rolls, then pour the used dev back in the bottle. As far as I can see I could then use the same one litre to immediately process another 3 rolls and then another two after that with no time extension.
They also write that more than the recommended 8 rolls can be processed as long as it's done within the first few days while the chemistry is fresh. They basically just suggest that you keep an eye on the results and stop when you no longer like them.