I have a pre-war Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta B. It's in very good shape and I'm anxious to take it out for some exercise in the sun. However, there is a tear in the bellows on the left hand side where it meets the front standard. The tear is about 2 cm long, and there appears to be about 1 or 2 mm of bellows still between the tear and the edge of the metal. A fellow on a Zeiss Ikon forum to which I belong said he had some repair instructions involving gaffer's tape that he would pass along, but I have been unable to reach him again, and as it has been about five months since he made the offer I am not expecting to hear from him again.

Does anyone have some suggestions, instructions, and/or tips for doing this repair myself? I'm only semi-handy with tools, and I don't have anything specialized like lens spanners. A patch job with the bellows in place is what I'm looking to do at this point.

As a side note, I do have a parts camera of the same model as mine that has a good bellows. However, everywhere I checked for swapping them out either turned me down, warned me that they have never done a bellows replacement before, or else wanted to do a bunch of other stuff, too.