I use whatever works and feels good in my hands. If I can't afford the best, I buy the best quality I can with the funds that are available to me, and it should be something that can be repaired if necessary, and serviced regularly. Brand doesn't matter, and I don't buy into what other people tell me - I'm a 'show me and I'll believe' kind of person. Function has to live up to reputation.

But I would be a total hypocrite if I didn't confess to wondering what it would be like to drive a Ferrari or a Bugatti instead of my Hyundai Sonata. While I have driven high end Porsche vehicles, like a 911 GT2, it's always alluring and tempting to think of the very highest echelons of any type of industry. I love music, a lot, and have nothing but good memories from my highly modified Linn Sondek LP12 turntable, upgraded Scott 299-B tube (valve) amp, and hypersensitive speakers. That system was well composed, and all the individual parts gelled so well and I really enjoyed music played through it, but that didn't stop me from wondering what a Walker Proscenium turntable (USD 200k) would sound like in my living room, perhaps paired with a pair of Von Schweikert dB100 speakers or similar.... You get my drift. I think people dream about once owning those fine jewels of engineering, using them, and enjoying them. But 99.999% of the population has to settle for something far more reasonable, and the trick is to still enjoy yourself.