I am getting good prints on the first try but, then, I look at that print and think to myself that I can improve this little detail or that one.

I ended up making several prints from the same negative, trying all different sorts of things, mainly because the Analyser gives me the power to do so in a much easier way than I did before.

Yes, it's all about learning where to take your readings and how to interpret them to get a certain result but there is a difference between knowing what you CAN do with the Analyser versus what you SHOULD do.

Before, it would take several test strips and calculations, working things out in my head or on paper, before getting a print. Now, the Analyser does all that for me. What took a long time, before, can now be done instantly.

Having that much power at your fingertips is like buying a new Ferrari. It's hard to resist the urge to take it out on the highway and see what she'll do when you open her up.

It's part of the learning curve, I guess. It's important to know how your equipment works and what it can do but it's more important to know what you want your equipment to do for you so you can achieve the result you had in mind when you took the picture.

Knowing all this teaches me to pre-visualize my photos, both at the time of shooting the picture AND at the time when you decide how to print it.

It's good to have equipment that will help you squeeze all the details that you had in mind out of your photos but it's often too easy to get wrapped up in splitting every hair.