Oh heck... See!

No I don't keep my camera in the fridge, just easier to see the film and camera together haha so it's an EOS IX (not to be confused with a 35mm film camera from years before with lower case ix...

It takes two 123 batteries, can do timer and remote wireless trigger, a terribly dark viewfinder (though the lens on it doesn't get bigger than 3.5) an has all the pro settings IE full manual, Av, Tv, P and even DEP as well as all the auto settings for dummies

To aid in autofocus it had a dedicated flash that aims at center focus and is a different flash from the on camera pop up flash, interesting and probably a huge battery drainer.

Has date stamp settings, exposure bracketing, and exposure compensation options, exposure from 30 seconds to 1/4000 second, and bulb exposure. Auto focus in one shot (focus and lock for re composure) and AI Servo (track focussing or constant focus I forget which that one is).

All in all, lots of pro level features for an APX film camera at the time but they didn't market it very heavily and it went highly unnoticed.

I snagged one off Craigslist 5 years back for $20

The lens 24-85 3.5-4.5 isn't half bad from the CA/distortion side of things.

Ok off to NY for work (live in CT, commute to NY).

Don't know why I made this report, maybe just wanted to geek out, maybe curious since I haven't used it in 2 years and didn't remember... Haha

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk