I also vote for more contrast.

The gray patina over the whole image says to me that the negative was underexposed. Again, voting with the group.

When I get into situations where I'm not sure what to do, I make another test strip.
Keeping your time and aperture settings as a base, add a notch or a half-notch of contrast and make another strip such that your current time is the middle patch.
For instance, 4", 6", 8", 10" and 12"... or whatever your usual method is. My point is that you want to see test exposures that are close to your original, a little more and a little less.

Yes, making test strips can be a P.I.T.A. but they can help keep you from chasing your tail.
You set a contrast and exposure, you don't like it, you try something else but you don't like that either. Every time you change one thing, you end up changing something else. It can never end. All you'll do is piss your self off.

One test strip, done right, can take the place of three or four junked prints. Plus, if you use half sheets or quarter sheets of paper, you'll save on supplies, too.