Hi Len,

Thanks for your tips. My camera did come with the big twin spar tripod. The whole thing is quite impressive. I am going to have the monorail re chromed and polish the rest. I am your age and retired. I never got beyond shooting a Pentax H3 until a few years ago. It was all I needed, until digital... I now enjoy collecting very affordable film cameras in all sizes. As a collector, there is no rational explanation for what I collect. For example, in my time I have bought, rode and sold at least 200 motorcycles. As my friends have always been quick to point out, I can only ride one at a time. The same goes for cameras, almost. I have shifted my focus to camera collecting, a better hobby for an older person. I will never shoot some of my cameras, nonetheless I enjoy them and display them. Life is short and rationality is way overrated. Why else would I be building the darkroom of my dreams, now? Because I can. I won't discuss my enlarger collection, but suffice to say they are even cheaper than cameras...

Thanks again for your sources and comments!