Any photo documentary project I undertook, grabbed me from my comfort zone and threw me in the thick of uncomfortable and confronting. They are also my best bodies of work. I think what you will gain from this should take precedence over an emotion. Aside from the photographic aspect of everything, I went from being a very passive, non-confrontational, individual who had a tough time dealing with stress in my early 20s and I took a huge chance in my life and quit my fulltime job landscaping to volunteer fulltime in a homeless shelter. First day of work I got a cup of hot water thrown in my face while being called a "little bitch" and had my life threatened. I nearly left and quit right then, but I told myself that I was going to keep going, despite the stress and hardships for a greater cause. I ended up landing a job in the field for the next 6 years and took a chance at a different career that also through me into an extremely challenging and uncomfortable line of work. I find that the more I just "push on through", the stronger, smarter and more resilient I become. I think you will find that this will help you in many aspects of your personal and photographic life.

"phil and me" is a body of work from a photographer in Montreal who photographed her homeless, schizophrenic, alcoholic father. I imagine it was a very heart-wrenching time for her to confront those realities and ontop of that, showing it to the public must have been a tough decision. I'm sure there's a million examples out there.