Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post

All this is leading up to this project. This thing is not really something I want to do. I'm basically going to put to film the issues I have with my body and my mind from the last, oh, twenty years or so. It'll be a photographic journey through bullying, body image, and mental health. Basically, I'll be chronicling the things that made me who I am today.
Interestingly I'm embarking on a very similar project. It is intended to be some type of expression of what it is to be me, having mostly to do with severe depression, anxiety and other miserie. In the past I've done it through music composition and drawing/painting but never wanted to do anything like this with my photography. It's way too far removed from my normal, perfectionist style of work. It would also involve some self-portrait work, which I'm extremely uncomfortable with. I don't allow myself to be photographed. I'm curiously absent from most family photos, much to the annoyance of my family and friends. I hate seeing myself. So this ain't gonna be easy. I totally understand where you are coming from.