Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
Have you even looked at the Mamiyas? To me buying a Hassy is like buying a Leica, you're spending an assload of money for the name, sure the quality is there, but even the used prices are ridiculously overpriced, and the poster above who said "it's a place to put your viewfinder" I mean, it's essentially a box with a mirror and you're willing to spend $4,00 on that! You're insane if you do....

Look at the Mamiya RZ67 Pro II's pretty sure they have ttl, you could buy the camera, 2-3 lenses, a metered prism viewfinder, and a 6x6 back that takes 120 AND 220 all for less than $1000 and trust me the lens quality on the Mamiya Sekor-Z lenses is just as good as Hassy's Carl Zeiss. I even researched it, the glass is just as good, sometimes better since its fully fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sure, the first MF camera I was wowed by was a Mamiya 1000S. Your analogy with Leica is a good one, but I look at it a different way. There are many nicely made 35mm Japanese cameras from the 70's rotting away on shelves, will no spare parts and limited serviceability. On the other hand, there is an entire eco-system for old Leica's. Likewise, Hasselblad. Also, I was born in Sweden, so there is a special attraction to something made there. Some decisions are best made with the heart. I don't spend money on cars (ride a motorbike), which saves me money every year, so I can afford this indulgence.