Man, you guys make it sound depressing here. Granted, Seattle is not at its best in November, dark, grey, and wet...

The downtown core is a busy place regardless of the weather (except weekend mornings), but not really architecturally interesting until you get out to Pioneer Square. Then wander up to the Farmer's Market. Avoid the waterfront on Saturday mornings, nothing's open except the cruise ship terminal, disgorging visitors with glum expressions. You may safely give the Seattle Center a miss altogether.

The University of Washington campus is worth a stroll, as is Capitol Hill. Jimi Hendrix is buried in the cemetery at Volunteer Park.

Some interesting old buildings and urban decay in Georgetown, plus the Museum of Flight is at nearby Boeing Field.

Ballard is a nice place to visit, but not exactly photogenic. Nearby are the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks, the fish ladder, and the Shilshole Bay Marina.

I think Victoria has more photo ops, but then I've only been there a handful of times and not for very long. I've never been up island, I would dearly love to travel the coast some time.