First of all let me thank all of you for your assistance in obtianing my new camera. When it came down to it, I found a good deal on ebay and picked up the following:

This DEARDORFF C-1, V8 8x10 camera is a 1953 serial no. 2303 made for the Air Force in "kits" that you see here. Included in the kit is the camera W/8X10 BACK,, TRIPOD, 5-8x10 FILM HOLDERS, the 4x5 FILM BACK in pristine condition as well as 5-4x5 film holders. I have added a KODAK EKTAR 250MM (10 INCH) f 6.3 WIDE FIELD LENS MOUNTED IN AN ILEX NO. 5 SHUTTER AND SET IN A LENSBOARD. THE CASE IT COMES IN IS HEAVY FIBERBOARD WITH A HORSEHAIR AND GLUE FORMED PROTECTION MATERIAL. ALSO I WILL INCLUDE THE DARK CLOTH BY FUJI THAT IS WEIGHTED AS WELL AS THE CHANGING BAG AND SOME B&W FILM. ALL IS IN FINE TO EXCELLENT WORKING ORDER!! The CROWN NO.4 tripod in the kit is wood and brass and in like new condition. It is a little lightweight for my comfort so I use a MAJESTIC 3000 WITH A 1400 GEARED HEAD AND CRANK. THAT IS INCLUDED IF YOU WANT TO PAY THE SHIPPING EXTRA for the Majestic Tripod. IT IS VERY HEAVY AND THE CAMERA AND CASE ITSELF IS 60 LBS. THE ALL ORIGINAL CAMERA AND KIT HAVE BEEN KEPT TOGETHER SINCE I GOT IN 1980. I HAVE TAKEN GOOD CARE OF IT AND HAVE USED IT IN THE STUDIO AND OUT. I WAS TOLD BY A MILITARY CAMERA COLLECTOR THAT THEY MADE 300 OF THESE KITS. In my 40 years of view camera photographer, I have never seen a kit like this altogether. ONE OF MY FRIENDS SAW THE LISTING AND SAID I SHOULD MENTION THAT JACK DEARDORFF SIGNED MY CAMERA AT A WORKSHOP I WAS ATTENDING IN THE EARLY EIGHTIES SAW I ADDED A PHOTO OF THE SIGNATURE. HE WAS VERY NICE ABOUT IT AND I DID NOT THINK IT WOULD BE NOTABLE, BUT I AM TOLD I SHOULD LET PEOPLE KNOW. I ALSO HAVE AN EXTRA GROUND GLASS IN 8X10 AND DO NOT FORGET THE MAJESTIC TRIPOD 3000 W/ 1400 HEAD WITH CRANK (VERY SMOOTH) OPERATION.

Thanks again.