Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
Probably a result of being an American and us seeing Kodachrome films and pictures constantly up until more recently. That is real to our perceptions.

Funny, I hear that about Velvia all the time too, and I understand it, but frankly when I am out shooting in Canyonlands, Velvia is the only one that actually does catch the vibrancy. Most other films I use don't get close.
Well...maybe that's a factor of how colorful our surroundings are. It doesn't look like any reality *I* know, but I've never been out there. Well, it can - as I said, on an overcast day with a subject that should have bright color, it can make it look more like it would look on a sunnier day. But using it in already vibrant light seems to be overdone. My luke warm reaction to it also comes in part from the fact I've always found it difficult to shoot well. It has (or seems to have - I've not measured it just shot it) a range even narrower than other E6 films. I do a bit better with E100VS (alas) but would only use it in similar circumstances.