Quote Originally Posted by Edman22 View Post
I was a 35 mm shooter for a long time. I started shooting with a 5D2 a couple of years ago (I held out for as long as I could). Well, as my luck would have it I recently came upon a mint condition RB67 Pro-S with some very nice lenses. The bigger medium format film is blowing me away. I love working with it. Now I'm thinking I might love large format even more because...well the bigger the better right?!

Anyways, where do I start?? What sort of budget should I look at for decent gear? I don't want to jump into it immediately, but by the time I do I would be willing to shell out maybe 1-2k (I'm okay with good quality used gear).
Yep, that how it starts. In my own experience I started the same way except for the digital. I went from various 35mm bodies to the larger negatives from Pro-S, Hasselblad and Rollie, then on into the grander LF. Then I went from LF to 35 again and am reasonably happy with the weight and portability when traveling and hiking. So I'd start really cheap. Simple camera, reasonable lens, say a 210mm, 4 to 6 holders, heavier tripod, and a handful of filters hopefully you have on hand. Force yourself to go shoot at least 5 holders a month and develop and print. If you can do it for a year it's time to upgrade. Keep it under at a grand or under.