Quote Originally Posted by wogster View Post
The patents, yes but not the formulas. If Kodak really wants to say Kodachrome is dead, they should make the formulas available through something like a creative commons licence, with the only condition being that anyone who decides to use them must credit Eastman Kodak with the process design.
Kodak has made everything needed to do K-14 available. It should be made known that there are various publications from as early as the 1960's which clearly state multiple formulas and methodologies required and capable of producing a colour result from kodachrome. I suspect (and while I do not know for sure) that the process methodologies and formulas would be very similar and with appropriate tweaking could be adapted to k-14. Think Dyanchrome, Fuji and I believe Konica may have also had processes similar to k-11, k-12 there is information and methodology info that can be adapted from these sources as well. Mind you with what Kodak has released about the k-14 process (which I believe is everything) I know as fact what is in the patents makes it possible for processing to be done. Though as I have stated in the past the Yellow Dye Developer I use is not from the K-14 process.