Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
Since I still have good eyesight, I don't need the built-in diopter adjustment and much prefer the huge HD viewfinders of the OM1&2 and Pentax MX/ME. But hey, almost 30 years later, none of this matters except enjoying them. Of course what's most important when picking up one of these classics is that they have that "PASSED" sticker . . .

Well, I've never had good eyesight. One of the quibbles I had with all of the OMs was that I could not see the entire frame with my glasses on, cannot see anything clearly beyond 10~12 inches without glasses. So the adjustable diopter on the 3 and 4 meant that I could at least use them without an accessory, but alas I had to use them without glasses, meaning that my glasses were constantly going on and off - an unacceptable process. The Nikon F was a revelation the first time I looked through the finder - I could see the whole frame with glasses! This, plus the fact that with an F what you see is exactly what you get, compounded by the fact that the early 4 I had used batteries like a junkie uses heroin, meant the Olympus system was going down the road.