I took up a hobby in photography only some yrs ago in 2004 which I first got a dSLR and now shooting more film b/c I loved the colors off slide. Before that was just consumer neg film. I quite liked Galen Rowell's pictures, the saturation didn't bother me much. Some of that might have been used in advertising, postcards, magazines which is good. Very eye catching. Then I was looking around home and we have 2 inexpensive painting, I think they are computer generated which got me thinking that a old timer photographer told me, re: photography clubs with competitions he said that a picture that is seen but put down and reviewed at a later. Like some saturated pictures may have the aww factor at first but doesn't have the same appeal the 2nd or 3rd time round. I may print Velvia's up to A3 but I am not sure if I would print them larger than that even if I was seeking one.

In terms of landscapes. Kodak has ended their slide film. So maybe I would try color neg film out ... I have heard from a pro from the club that, they don't take pretty photographs but those that makes you think ....

So I am wondering if you had thoughts about this. Do you have any thoughts in why you like to shoot a particular style? I like Velvia because it's eye catching, it's somewhat fills a market but I am thinking for much larger prints maybe I like something different or even black and white which I have not really shot.