Just a thought:

Price, the cost of printing two sheets of text.
http://www.fredparker.com/ultexp1.htm

No I'm not kidding.

With practice this is a very workable option because, believe it or not, the lighting in any given situation is very stable.

Practice and judgement are the keys.

I have buddies that do this with slide film all the time. That's not my first choice but they seem to make nice pictures.

Pros, like wedding photographers for example, find and use certain settings in certain situations without question or metering.

Some practical examples.

The lighting in your home, place of work, place of worship, street lights, city scapes, window light with given lighting outside, beach scenes, sunsets... are all normal situations where the numbers can be memorized or written down as your norms, as has been done in the ultimate exposure computer tables.

I do like using meters, they are valuable tools, but I also use negative films where my practice and testing has taught me that 2-stops over or 1-stop under exposure won't give me any problem at my prints.

Part of my choice to use negative film is so that I can set the camera once for any given situation, say a walk with the dogs, and shoot in any direction without any more thought about exposure. This makes it easy to use my Holga or my F5. This is the principle disposable cameras use too.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get a meter or strive for accurate settings that fit your needs, just saying there are options that with practice can actually work every bit as well as metering.