Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
Neither linky is worky... =[
Hmmm, they work for me, so I'm guessing that it's because it automatically logs me in to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller
See? You guys need to use a Drem Glasgnademeter to measure bokeh. That little Nikon meter just gets pegged when the LF lenses are placed on it. Plus, you need real statistics and measurements about that lens, not a one-size-fits-all number. The Leica Glasgeistometer used crystal prisms to obtain mean, standard deviation, radii, and the later versions could obtain inferential statistics as well. Unfortunately, most of these have been dismantled by new-age hippies to be used as necklaces and earrings.
Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller
Things which make up a lens' grace:
1. Halo
2. Blur
3. Blur point distortion (even, centered, ring)
4. Formation
5. Edge distortion

Halo would be the amount that a reflected white object would intrude into an adjacent black object.
Blur would be the amount of defocus blur, based on distance from the focus plane, and also per aperture.
Blur point distortion would be the amount of distortion of a blurred point object, measured for eveness. 0 would be neutral, negative would be a ring, and positive would be a "hot" point. This may need to be expressed with deviation.
Formation would be blur point forms, such as the hovering dots from strainer-type discs or aperture leaf patterns.
Edge distortion would be what happens at the edge of the lens coverage, including "swirlies" compression and notable drop in resolution and coverage.