Quote Originally Posted by Andre Noble View Post
Actually yes, most of the color film I have shot over the past 10 years has been expired film from Calumet Hollywood's expired film bin (room temp).

I have 260 4x5 sheets of Fuji Astia Exp. 2003. Now how many guys would LOVE to shoot Astia in 4x5 sheets, even with a correctable 5cc magenta shift?

To answer your question about the FRESH film I have recently frozen, here's a metaphor: When you were a kid, did you ever hit a bump or patch of ice/gravel with your sled or bike - immediately afterward - but before you hit the ground/tree, etc - you had absolute clarity - your sole job was to mitigate your injury.

That's were we are right now with film. I feel in 10, 15, 20 years we will know more exactly which developers go best to minimize base+fog on our expired B&W films, and what exposure adjustment, what CC filter and which developer additive to add to our expired color films to minimize color shift, etc.

I feel confident I can get a useable color negative with frozen 160 ASA Kodak Portra color negative film in 20 years, yes.

i see what you are saying andre --- good to see you are embracing it.

are you going to acquire color chemistry too ?
in 10 or 15 years time it might be very hard to process color film stock...
i guess hair dye and lye and tylenol will always work in a pinch ...

john